By George F. Johnston
For about 3 a long time, the abortion debate has polarized the United States. This accomplished quantity comprises bibliographic citations that deal with the ethical and spiritual features of abortion. It covers such themes because the a number of arguments either for and opposed to abortion, the prestige of the fetus, and overviews of a number of religions' stances on abortion. Citations additionally comprise references on how Christianity has stimulated abortion politics and legislation, discussions of Operation Rescue, and professional statements on abortion via non secular organisations.
Read Online or Download Abortion from the Religious and Moral Perspective:: An Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in Religious Studies) PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
Seek the large U ·X ·L international warfare I Reference Library very easily with this cumulative index to the full set.
How are scholars to develop into query turbines, notice takers, effective planners, serious clients of data, and creators of caliber items? This ebook takes an academic procedure with a huge diversity of actions that may be used to boost those traits in scholars. relocating past the standard theoretical discussions of the examine technique, Rankin presents studying actions to assist heart and junior excessive scholars strengthen the abilities essential to perform the stairs of the learn procedure.
As an increasing number of song literature is released every year, librarians, students, and bibliographers are turning to track bibliography to preserve regulate over the flood of knowledge. in accordance with the convention of tune Bibliography, this well timed booklet presents important info at the most vital points of the scholarly perform of tune bibliography.
- Multicultural Projects Index: Things to Make and Do to Celebrate Festivals, Cultures, and Holidays Around the World, Third Edition
- The Contemporary Novel: A Checklist of Critical Literature on the English Language Novel Since 1945
- The Economics of Joan Robinson (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics, 5)
- Embedded Librarians: Moving Beyond One-Shot Instruction
- Léonard de Vinci vol 1
Extra info for Abortion from the Religious and Moral Perspective:: An Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in Religious Studies)
Speaking as a physician, the author presents an overview of various philosophical and religious views of what personhood is. and the effects this has on the abortion decision, in order to aid physicians who need to make decisions about fetal life, abortion, and fetal experimentation. 133. Pluhar, Werner S. " Journal of Philosophy 74 (1977): 159-172. Presents an argument for establishing sentience, or simple consciousness, as the point at which a fetus gains personhood. 134. Pojman, Louis P. " In The Abortion Controversy: 25 Years after Roe v.
169. Wenz, Peter S. Abortion Rights as Religious Freedom. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1992. While agreeing with the conclusion reached by the Supreme Court in its Roe v. Wade decision, the author criticizes its reasoning. He claims that the High Court should not have used the right to privacy as its main reason for allowing abortion, but rather, should have considered abortion as a form of religious freedom. 170. Weston, Mark. " Washington Post. 23 Jan. 1990, Health Section. Presents a synopsis of the positions taken on abortion by 29 major religious groups, 20 of whom are Christian.
Seminar on Abortion: The Proceedings of a Dialogue Between Catholics and Baptists. : The Ecumenical Institute, 1975. Papers delivered at a conference on abortion sponsored by the Bishops' Committee for Ecumenical and Inter-Religious Affairs and the Ecumeni- Abortion in Religious Thought 39 cal Institute of Wake Forest University and Belmont Abbey College, November 10-12, 1975. 198. Brown, Harold O. J. Death before Birth. Nashville: T. Nelson, 1977. Presents the case against abortion from a Christian perspective.
Abortion from the Religious and Moral Perspective:: An Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in Religious Studies) by George F. Johnston